I know that we may be a bit behind on making the move from nursery room crib to a Big Girl Bed, but we just haven't been in a rush. Jordan knows that the queen bed in the guest room is her big girl bed as we discuss it and mention it several times a week. She hasn't asked to sleep in it or take a nap in it until last night. I believe it was probably a stall tactic on her part to kick and fuss at Mark when he was attempting to tuck her into her crib last night. So much so that she was hiking her leg up and over the crib rail in attempt to escape. She told him adamently that she wanted to sleep in the Big Girl Bed. What was a Mom to do? I had to rescue her and give her the chance. After fixing all the pillows just right, and creating a comfy place for her to fall :), and moving two night lights from her nursery room to the guest room, and all her blankets and babies, she was ready for night night. She wanted covers and pillows, of course. I figured I'd have to lay down with her, but she wanted nothing to do with me laying down her bed. More or less telling me "no" when I attempted to lay next to her. We said a quick prayer, and I told her to call me if she needed me. Off to sleep she went. Not a peep from her all night. No falling out of bed and I think we only checked on her 3 times between 8:30pm and 10:30pm. :) I guess we might be done with the crib and ready to be a BIG GIRL! Amazing! This might be even easier than putting the paci in the trash! Well done precious Jordan.
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment