Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jenna-isms

Jenna's favorite word is "Hi" and she says Hi to everyone, all the time.  Along with a wave.  She also says bye, ball, uh oh, dog, Mama, Dada, and Thank you.  These are her standard words at 14 months.  Jenna also responds to, "What does a Monkey say?".  She gets practice at this daily during diaper changes since her Costco brand diapers have a monkey on the front. ;)  Each day when I pick her up from school Jordan and I ask her if she has had a good day.  Almost before I ask the question she responds with a firm headshake "No-No".  We all laugh so she knows this is the response that we find amusing.  Hilarious.  However, this week she has finally learned to shake her head "Yes".  And also clap her hands when we grin and smile at her.

This morning was the first day that I dropped her into her morning classroom and she acted so grown up.  I set her down on her feet and she walked over to her teacher and her friends and she turned and waved bye to me with a smile.  Completely unassisted.  Boy, she was so grown up this morning!  I usually carry her and hand her to a teacher or set her down with toys (no tears, but more of an actual "hand off").  Today she was truly a big girl and walked to join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment