Sunday, April 24, 2011

Potty Training Boot Camp

Jordan and I chose a 3 day weekend to throw all diapers in the trash and move into panties - 100% (Pull-ups for over night). We have talked about this transition and weekend for several weeks and hopefully we are ready. Both of us!! I requested that the "troops" join me for the fun - Nana Noni arrived half way through Day 1 with a treasure chest of prizes! A great idea!

Day 1: A Battle of the Wills
After four hours of tempting Jordan to not only go pee on the potty, but to actually just GO PEE - she finally did and it was on the potty. There were tears of relief in my eyes and wonderment in hers. WE did it. The first hurdle. YAY! After this battle of the wills, Jordan had an excellent Day 1 of potty training boot camp. She had ZERO accidents and used the potty numerous times throughout the day. Mom feels a sense of accomplishment. YAY Jordan!

Day 2: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
After an unbelievable Day 1; Day 2 was slightly disappointing with two accidents. However, we did succeed in having Jordan poop on the potty. Perhaps this offsets the two accidents? We did have a little bit of attitude and strong opinions on where and when Jordan should try to go potty; but overall, I should not complain. She and I didn't give up! I still consider Day 2 a success. On a side note - I am exhausted! Even with Nana Noni's help - I am exhausted and have used the majority of my patience. :)

Day 3: Made it out of the House
Scary as it sounds. We made it out of the house - not once, but three times. Two doctors appointments and to pick up a prescription. I had my OB check up, Jordan had a quick Dr. Visit (pink eye and fluid on her ear), and Krogers for prescription fill. It is now 5:30 and we have had ZERO accidents today, and honest, she is a little irritated when I ask her to "try" or if she needs to go. But, when she decides she wants to go or needs to go - we don't have tons of time to get to the potty. But, she has been dry all day! Regardless, she has done fantastic and is not "scared" of the potty any more! We will see how it goes at school tomorrow in panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment