Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Jenna's 2 Wk Check Up

Jenna turns 2 weeks old on Saturday so today (Friday) we went for her 2 week check up with Dr. Sickler. And yes, she is growing! Jenna weighs 5 lbs and 9.5 oz and measured 18 inches long. Pretty amazing how fast a little one grows. Jordan was also 18 inches at her 2 week check up, but she was 6 lbs and 0.5oz. Jenna has been a great baby so far. She sleeps quite a bit, but is starting to have awake time in the morning and in the evening. She can sit with her eyes open and check out the world and not be fussy (Jordan always needed that paci to be content at this age). Jenna will take the paci, but not nearly as needy as Jordan. She is consistently getting up two times at night to nurse, and then sleeps in until about 7:30 am and is really hungry then since that is typically her longest stretch without nursing. That'd be great if I could sleep in too, but life with TWO kiddos means I'm up at 6:30 am helping get Jordan ready for school....We kind of have a routine now (kind of). Or at least this week we've had a routine. We shall see what next week brings us. I'll post some pictures this weekend, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment